Half Term Holidays in Marbella
It may be low season and certain venues and activities may not be available however the Autumn and Winter months still make for fabulous family holidays
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Marbella:If youʻre booking your trip to Marbella last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
The Half Term Holidays for Schools across Europe and further afield too are generally in February/March and October which although they are low seasons here in Marbella, still offer great weather, calmer roads than in the summer months and plenty of activities to choose from so it makes for a great time to travel to this part of the world as a family.
Our Discover Marbella section will give you many ideas in terms of accommodation, restaurants and all the essential services like Airport Transfers and Car hire so we have written this article to focus a little more on the activity and things to do side of things with different age ranges.
Let's start with ideas for the teenagers to ensure that even the most device addicted 14 year old has some fun with all the family!
1. Go Karting is a good choice and something you can do in Estepona which is a 20 min drive from Marbella from 20â¬ per person.
2. Our other adrenaline based activity (although you do need a driving license so it's a case of driving in pairs) is renting Buggys and going on tour. These take you through the valleys, up to waterfalls and down the coastal road from just 109â¬ per car (2 pax per car) for a 2 hour tour.
3. Golf is also a fab choice and a great way to let go off a bit of stress and tension! There' s also a 9 hole golf option at Magna Marbella if you don't want to spend the entire day playing golf and you can rent clubs and buggies there so no problem if you are a total beginner or have no equipment.
4. Last but by no means least is one of the biggest Adventure parks in AndalucÃa, Aventura Amazonia which isn't just good for teens it's also fun for slightly younger ages too. With your entrance ticket, you have a maximum of 3 hours to enjoy the adrenaline and excitement of all the different tree climbing activities. Adults pay 21.00â¬, Juniors (under 16yr old) pay 19.00â¬, Kids (from 6yr old) pay 17.00â¬ and (between 4 â 6yr old) the price is 16.00â¬.
This leads us nicely into ideas for a Junior age range (4 â 12yr old).
1. The Food Room is a fabulous venue located in Guadalmina so 15 minutes from Marbella, that offers Cooking Experiences and classes for youngsters (as well as for adults too). They always have options during the holidays and you can find out more about them by viewing their page here The Food Room
2. Horse riding is also an amazing experience in Marbella and Andalucia; El Rancho Siesta de los Rubios just 20 mins from Marbella centre is a fantastic establishment whereby you can take a 5 day horse riding course or maybe you'd rather just go horse riding for an hour with a guide or for total beginners let the kids come along and groom the horses and just have a short sit on top and lead around.
3. If there is one thing that this age range never tire of it is Swimming however the pool temperatures outside are on the chilly side in the Half Term Holiday months so unless you are staying in a hotel with heated facilities outside or perhaps a Luxury Villa that offers pool heating then you may want to try a venue that offers their facilities to the public and includes an indoor pool. Our favourite for families is the El Campanario Country Club where you can buy a day pass and use all their facilities in warmth and comfort!
When it comes to babies and toddlers naturally if you feel it is warm enough then the beach is a play centre in itself! However, if the temperatures are a little cooler you may want to look to some more indoor activity to break up the day.
1. Kids love play time and the leading Costa del Solâs play and party centre, Mundo ManÃa, is wonderful for all ages. They have a fantastic array of leisure and play facilities, indoors and outdoors. There is also a superb CafÃ© and Bar so that you can enjoy a drink and a bite to eat while the kids play. The menu is diverse and healthy, itâs not your average play centre food. Indoor activities include a foot pool, table tennis, air hockey, pool tables and an interactive baby & toddler soft play area (from 1 â 3yr olds). Outdoors they have a Magical wet play area, trampolines, an atrium bar serving food and drinks with superb sea and mountain views and other activities are also available. The prices are from 5.95â¬ per child from the ages of 1 to 4, and 10.95â¬ per child from the ages of 4 to 12.
2. If larger play centres aren't your thing then look to venues such as Funky Forest which offers animal petting areas and plenty of creative play or OWL Organic that give several Toddler-friendly cookery, dance and theatre workshops. We feature these events within our What's On calendar so check there or search for OWL and find out what they have going on.
3. In addition to the commercial options mentioned Marbella is full of fabulous public parks where children of all ages enjoy hours of fun. Our preferred park is generally the Boulevard area in San Pedro de AlcantarÃ¡ (which also has a few fab eateries alongside such as Snack Chats, Mr Gourmet Burger and The Hogan Stand for post play kid-friendly munchies) or the play areas in the Puerto Deportivo in Marbella centre are also brilliant however be prepared for your baby to want to play in the Pirate Ship climbing frame on the sand and get covered head to foot!
4. If you want more of a child-minding service for your children then there are several local nurseries like Wendy First School and Tiny's that offer a Half Term Holiday camp service that will take care of your children for a longer period of time.
Naturally, and suitable for all the family in Marbella as children of all ages are very welcome here, some long lunches on the beach at venues such as the classic Chiringuito La Red or more 5 star options like Sea Grill at The Puente Romano are a must!!
If you are looking for a service to Itinerary plan your entire Half Term stay as opposed to working it all out for yourselves then our Concierge partners at My Local Concierge would be your best point of contact. They will plan everything from start to finish including Transport, Activities, Restaurants and perhaps additional child-care support and full-time Nannies to ensure you have a stress-free time as well as making the most of your time together as a family.