Jellyfish app To Aid Marbella Bathers
Let the App tell you the whereabouts of these wobbly blighters to make your daily swim a non stinging event!
Yes, you read that right, you can now download an app to let you know the whereabouts of these wobbly blighters, making your daily swim a non-stinging event.
With the traditional hoards of Medusas making the Marbella beaches less tempting than normal, the new app infomedusas.es will enable the user to track these nasty little fellows and lessen the need for minor medical attention.
- Rinse the area with vinegar for at least 30 seconds.
- Remove tentacles with a pair of tweezers.
- After you remove the tentacles, soak the affected area in hot water (104-113 F or 40-45 C) for at least 20 minutes.
- If you donât have a thermometer, make sure the water is hot but not scalding.
- A hot shower is OK if thatâs easier than soaking.
- Stay in the water for 20 to 45 minutes.
The study, which was recently published in the journal Toxins, took a thorough look at those tips and tested their validity. For starters, donât pee on yourself or your friends if thereâs a stinging incident. Urine does contain urea, which helps with tentacle removal, but your pee is too diluted for it to work. Plus, the salt in the urine might trigger more nematocysts to fire into the skin. Not good. All peeing on someone is going to do is embarrass everyone involved.
So our advice would be...
- Stay out of the water and hit one of the fine chiringuitos in Marbella /restaurants/chiringuitos
- Settle down in one of Marbella's amazing pool clubs. /travel-articles/top-pools-in-marbella
- If it's very bad, get in touch with Atlantic Clinic where they will take care of you.