As well as sharing recipes of traditional Spanish dishes, we thought we'd ask some of the chefs in Marbella, who are using local produce and creating dishes to a Michelin Star standard, to provide us with some recipes that you can also try.
Schilo Van Coevorden - Schilo Restaurant, Finca Cortesin
Tomato Raf 1.5 KG
White Onion, Small ½
Sushi Zu 200 ML
Olive Oil 100 ML
Coriander ½ Bunch
Mint ¼ Bunch
Green Chili ½
White Bread 4 Slices
Green Pepper, Big ½
Garlic 1 Cloves
Ginger 5 CM
· Chop the tomato roughly.
· Peel the onion and chop roughly.
· Cut the cucumber length ways and take the seeds out.
· Take the mint leafs of the bunch and chop roughly.
· Chop the coriander roughly.
· Take the seeds out of the chili and chop roughly
· Take the crust of the white bread.
· Clean the garlic and chop roughly.
· Peel the ginger and chop roughly.
· Blend all together very fine. Season with pepper and salt. Keep it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to make it cold.
Glucose 200 ML
Sushi Zu 50 ML
Gelatine leaf 1
· Soak the gelatin in cold water until soft.
· Juice enough cucumbers until you have 500 ML juice.
· Heat up 100 ML and melt the glucose and soaked gelatin in it.
· Mix with the rest of the juice.
· Add the Sushi Zu and mix well.
· Season with salt and pepper.
· Put in ice cream machine and turn until sorbet.
Make a small scoop of the cucumber sorbet and put it in a serving bowl. Cut a small square of cucumber and place it next to it with some small mini mesculan leafs and flowers. Pour the gazpacho around the garnish in the bowl.