A “Ronqueo del Atun” is a traditional Spanish spectacle, where chefs prepare a whole tuna for cooking, delighting guests with the almost choreographed art of slicing and filleting this majestic fish. Following a highly successful event in July, the team at the Kempinski Hotel Bahia in Estepona are repeating this amazing gastronomic performance and feast at their beachfront restaurant La Cabaña del Mar on the 19th of August.
Guests can enjoy a cava in the stunning hotel gardens and watch the Kempinski’s team of talented chefs prepare the tuna, explaining the different cuts of the fish, demonstrating how to cut, slice and fillet the fish, answering questions and making suggestions on how to best enjoy each cut.
Following this masterclass, the chefs will skilfully cook the tuna in the show kitchen, giving tips on how to prepare the amazing dishes. Then guests will sit down for a sumptuous tuna tasting menu, where the chefs will deliver plates of the different cuts of tuna, prepared in different ways to highlight the versatility of this wonderful ingredient and allow you to enjoy unique, surprising and delicious dishes. The taster menu features seven tuna dishes including Maki, sushi rolls and sashimi, tuna tartar with kimchi and soy, ventresca or belly tuna with soy sauce and tuna stew in Marmitako, followed by desert and coffee.
During this celebration of tuna, the Kempinski’s talented sommelier will be pairing wines with each course, showcasing local wines and sherries which perfectly complement the flavours.
This will be a unique cultural and gastronomic experience and masterclass, which is a must for any foodie who loves to learn and enjoy the best food in a magical setting. The Ronqueo is accompanied by live music and costs €82 plus VAT per person.
Places are limited and reservations are essential. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 952 809 500 to reserve your table.
Other Events from Kempinski Bahia Estepona
- Christmas Fayre @ Kempinski Hotel
- Kempinski Hotel Bahía Art Series 2019
- Kempinski Hotel Bahía’s announces the Lighting of the Lavish Diamond Christmas Tree & Traditional Christmas Market on 30 November.
- CHRISTMAS BAKERY WORKSHOP @ Kempinski Bahia
- CHRISTMAS HIGH TEA BUFFET @ Kempinski Bahia
- CHRISTMAS EVE GALA DINNER @ Kempinski Bahia
- CHRISTMAS DAY SPECIAL BRUNCH @ Kempinski Bahia
- CHRISTMAS DAY LUNCH At Baltazar Bar & Grill @ Kempinski Bahia
- FLAMENCO NIGHT @ Kempinski
- NEW YEAR'S EVE - THE GREATEST SHOW @ Kempinski
- NEW YEAR'S DAY SPECIAL LUNCH @ Kempinski
My Guide website?